- Only affiliated members of the SF&OC are eligible to put up nomination for the Awards.
- Nomination must be made by an authorized Elected Officer of the respective National Sports Association.
- All nominees must represent one National Sports Association only in all award categories.
- All nominees must have competed in local open competitions or represented Hong Kong to compete in international competitions during the Awards Period and obtained outstanding results.
- Nominees’ competition result submitted by the respective National Sports Association should match with the nominated category.
- Nominees of the Hong Kong Sports Stars Awards for Men / Women must have achieved good results in individual event. Athletes of team only sport or team event are NOT eligible to be nominated in this category (unless the athlete has achieved good results in individual event as well).
- The nominated teams must have participated in local open competitions or represented Hong Kong to compete in international competitions during the Awards Period and obtained good team results. Team with mixed international players from another National Olympic Committee (NOC) are NOT eligible to be nominated.
- The competitions stated in the nomination form/s should specify whether they were sanctioned by the respective International Federation/Asian Federation.
- All nominees must be a holder of Hong Kong Identity Card.